The domaine was established by Henri Prudhon who was born and raised as a vigneron in the village of Saint Aubin since his birth in 1921. He and his wife, Marguerite, combined forces upon their marriage in 1945, putting their small vineyard holdings together to form the Domaine Henri Prudhon. The domain encompasses 14.5 hectares of vineyards and produces on the order of 90,000 bottles of wine annually, eighty-five percent of which is exported outside of France. The vineyards are managed with the objective of intervening as little as possible in the natural vegetative cycle. This village level white is sourced from multiple parcels that cover 2.66 ha; the bulk of the vineyards are hillside situated and are found in the southwestern quadrant of the village. No new oak is utilized on this cuvée and the elevage is about eight months long.