If you have questions about shipping that are not addressed below, please call 415-391-9400, or email email@example.com.
Shipping wine, beer and spirits is nowhere near simple compared to most other consumer products. With respect to alcohol, the US is 50 separate countries, each with its own set of regulations. In addition, many states have multiple categories of alcohol licenses, and shipping permissions/restrictions will vary depending on the form of license held by the shipper. We have been in the wine business for decades, and navigating these issues is still one of our most frustrating challenges. Wineries have more direct shipping privileges to more states than retailers. In the fall of 2017 UPS and Fedex restricted even further the states to which they will deliver for retailers. For a February, 2018 update on this matter see this article from The Wine Spectator.
UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ORDER ALCOHOL BEVERAGES. AN ADULT SIGNATURE WILL BE REQUIRED UPON DELIVERY.
Customers on our web site will be presented with a variety of options for shipping/delivery during check-out. They are as follows:
• Hold for pick-up at Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant, San Francisco (free)
• Hold for pick-up at Oxbow Cheese & Wine Merchant, Napa (free). Your order will be available at the Napa store on the 1st Wednesday afternoon following the date it was placed.
• Local delivery in San Francisco using Deliv.co. Orders placed before 1pm on week days will be processed for delivery that day. Should we not be able to fulfill your order accordingly, you will hear from us promptly. Orders placed Friday after 1PM through Sunday will go out on Monday. Rate varies by zip, but is a flat charge up to 3 cases per delivery. If your zip code is outside the Deliv.co service zone you will not see this option at check-out.
• Fedex SameDay Local - This option extends local delivery to the greater Bay Area. Orders placed before 1 pm on week days will be processed for delivery that day. Should we not be able to fulfill your order accordingly, you will hear from us promptly. Orders placed Friday after 1PM through Sunday will go out on Monday. If your zip code falls outside the service zone you will not see this option at check-out.
• UPS anywhere in California, Alaska or Washington DC (rate varies by weight and zone). At present we are only shipping via UPS to these 3 areas. Orders placed on the weekend will be shipped Monday. If you need an order delivered beyond the zip codes serviced by Deliv.co or Fedex SameDay this will be your best option.
Wine and other beverages in bottle are heavy. We know that shipping costs can seem onerous, but we assure you that we are only covering the costs of packaging and freight.
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.