2016 Ghost Block Sauvignon Blanc Morgaen Lee Vineyard, Napa Valley, California (750ml)

$23.00
Gift wrapping:
Options available
2016 Ghost Block Sauvignon Blanc Morgaen Lee Vineyard, Napa Valley, California (750ml)

While the fruit for this Sauvignon Blanc does not come from said Ghost Block Vineyard, it does come from the 32-acre vineyard called MorgaenLee, which the Pelissa family purchased in 1986 and put under the Ghost Block name. 30% of the wine was whole cluster pressed, then barrel fermented and aged sur lie for seven months in neutral oak barrels. The remaining 70% soaked on its skins for 12 hours before pressing and cold fermenting in stainless steel and was then aged sur lie for seven months. The end result is a richer style wine with more texture, yet without overt woody flavors. Thankfully, the oak doesn't inhibit any of the bright citrus, tropical and stone fruit flavors from shining through. Everything from Meyer lemon to fresh pineapple and yellow and white peach abound on the medium bodied palate. It finishes with medium plus acidity and a fairly silky texture.

sign up for our email list